CABOT CHURCH OF CHRIST
YOUTH AND FAMILY MINISTER JOB DESCRIPTION
|Position Title:||Youth and Family Minister|
|Number of Elders:||9|
|Contact:||TJ Davidson or Eric Martin|
|Start Date:||JAN 01, 2021|
|Salary:||Commensurate with experience|
The Cabot church of Christ is seeking an experienced, energetic, enthusiastic, and motivated individual who will be responsible for the Youth Ministry Program. Primary responsibilities of the Youth Minister are to disciple teenagers and to encourage and equip parents to be the primary faith leaders and teachers of their children. A strong candidate will be an individual who is called to the youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level. Also, a strong candidate will be an engaging teacher with a strong biblical and theological background, in agreement with the Cabot church of Christ’s Statement of Faith. He will be a team builder and mentor of team members who volunteer to fulfill the youth ministry mission. He must also exhibit a personal and growing relationship with God, a desire and love for God’s Word, and a healthy family life. A strong candidate must be a Spirit-led follower of God and His Son Jesus Christ with a passion for youth ministry and a strong commitment to Christ’s church.
- Must be a memember of the church of Christ
- Education: Preferred Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university with major/minor course emphasis in a bible ministry, preferably a youth and or family related bible ministry. Individuals graduating from a church of Christ School of Ministry or Preaching are also eligible.
- Experience/Training: Minimum of two years of continuous experience in a church of Christ youth ministry program preferred.
- Marital Status:Must be married.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff, elders, families and teenagers in an effective manner, exhibiting tact, enthusiasm, and patience.
- Other:Understands the mission, vision, and values of the Cabot church of Christ. Operates within the concept and direction of the church elders. Evolves into an effective team member. Must adhere to good grooming and personal hygiene habits.
- Recruit, train, encourage, and support the congregation in the various volunteer ministries of working with young people in the church.
- Lead and teach the Sunday morning youth class and lead Wednesday night youth class/programming.
- Plans and directs various activities to help carry out the vision for the youth ministry to include service projects, retreats, mission experiences, and other events to help youth grow in their relationship with God and each other
- Coordinate and implement an annual youth ministry budget proposal and administers the budget as approved by the Finance Committee.
- Establishes short and long-range goals for the youth ministry program setting and maintaining the calendar for youth activities and events.
- Coordinates/Works with other staff to integrate youth into the life of the church.
- Ministers to and counsel’s youth and their parents in pastoral-need situations such as sickness, hospitalization, crisis intervention, death, and other situations in which teenagers may need help and support.
- Encourages and builds relationships with parents and their teens outside of normal youth ministry programming through attending school plays, sporting events, musicals, etc.
- Effectively communicates with teens and their parents on a regular basis.
- Attends workshops and personal growth conferences to stay informed on effective and current practices in youth ministry.
- Fill in preaching duties when needed.
- Works as a professional under the direction of the elders and other ministry team staff to provide for the needs of the church.
- Maintains a positive relationship with teenagers and their parents/families.
- Maintains a positive relationship with the elders and other staff members.
- Keeps elders and or staff informed of problems, recommendations, and solutions.
- Participates in education and training of teachers/volunteers in the youth ministry program.
- Adheres to the direction of the elders.
- Accepts both positive and negative constructive feedback.
- Demonstrates a supportive, positive attitude towards the youth ministry program, elders, staff members, and church congregation as a whole – is a positive family/team member.
- Expresses self in an organized, comprehensive, articulate, and concise manner.