TEEN LED SERVICE – On August 5 at the pm service the guys in the youth group will be leading the service. We will do everything from leading prayer, scripture reading, leading songs, and giving the lesson. If you want your teen to participate let me know. I encourage everyone to come out and support our teens as they lead in the worship service.
Back to School mini-retreat – In the past we have done back to school lock-ins and back to school day trips. This year we wanted to try something different. We thought a mini-retreat would be a great way to start off the school year. We will use the time to hang out, play some games, and have a couple of lessons.
7/26 – Summer SWEAT – 11:30-2:30 – Get ready for Highway M.T.
2:30 – 6pm meet @ church, meeting at Highway church
8/5 – Teen Led Service
8/8 – DUE: Back to School Mini-Retreat – $10
8/19 – Back to School Bash – Highway CoC –
5:55 leave building – Back 8:45
8/24-25 – Back to School Mini-Retreat – info sheets at Welcome Center
Wednesday Night – T. J. Davidson
Sunday Morning – T. J. Davidson
Study Overview – You don’t need to be told that you and your teenager live in a fast-paced world. With the pace of life, it’s often difficult finding time to talk. Over the next 6 weeks we will study the book of Psalms. As we study Psalms we will be learning some important truths:
– God created us to reach out to Him in real and powerful communication
– God is worthy of our praising Him simply for who his is
– When we communicate with God we can be completely honest, holding nothing back
Consider asking the following questions, or similar ones, to engage your child in conversation:
· When you really think about God, who and what He is, how does it make you feel? How does it feel knowing that we can actually have a dialogue with Him?
· Here’s an interesting question: Do you see people around you at school choose their friends based on what they can do, instead of who they are? Do you see a parallel there with how we sometimes treat our relationship with God?